An established pharmaceutical company needed help to relaunch one of their products in the highly competitive cardiovascular / haematology market place. Previous attempts to launch the product had been commercially unsuccessful. The client needed a trusted and reliable CSO partner, who could quickly align to their commercial strategy, and drive focused activity to make a genuine impact on sales.
The team needed to be innovative, resourceful and flexible in their approach with a multi-channel offering to support the complexities and challenges of the market place. They would also need to hit the ground running and quickly reach key customers in order to compete against the increasingly resourceful competition.
Finally, the client needed a CSO with a willingness to partner flexibly with the ability to provide complete integration into their business.
Star worked with the client to provide a flexible solution, including a multi-channel option to provide a suitable resource that could meet the complexities and challenges of driving uptake with a variety of clinical and payor stakeholders.
An experienced resourcing team was deployed to ensure that the highest quality candidates were sought, whilst managing the need to quickly place both primary and secondary care heads into the wider team as required (at different times of the year, and when the market access conditions were right). This involved managing on-boarding and training of the new heads to ensure that they could be integrated into the team quickly and effectively.
Star worked with the client to develop a metrics dashboard to track inputs and outcomes, whilst appointing a highly experienced single point of contact project manager to maintain regular communication with the 20-strong client line management team.
• A highly skilful and flexible team of 35 have been deployed across England, Wales and Northern Ireland, with each making a significant impact on sales growth
• Zero negative attrition of the team to any other Pharma company across >12 months
• Activity metrics at 107%, 120% and 136% of target for the last 3 quarters
• National sales increased from ~£330k per month to ~£1.5M per month (April 2018) in line with the stretch target for the company
• Successful formulary engagement, KOL and advocates developed
• Continuous success has resulted in investment to further develop the product
Successful formulary engagement, KOL and advocates developed
National sales increased from ~£330k per month to ~£1.5M per month, in line with the stretch target for the company
Continuous success has resulted in investment to further develop the product